Affiliate marketing is a great way to take your business to the next level. Some businesses that take affiliates seriously make thousands of dollars in revenue by participating in the right programs and marketing their products the right way. You can become one of these businesses by learning how affiliate income can enrich your business.
We here at SoftwareKeep aim to help you get started with affiliate marketing and optimize your strategy for higher revenue. If you need any further assistance, make sure to browse our Help Center and Blog!
What is affiliate marketing?
In short, affiliate marketing is a less intrusive and more successful form of advertisement. Once you choose to partake in an online retailer’s affiliate program, they will pay you commission for traffic or sales generated from your referral link.
Chances are that you’ve run into affiliate marketing without even realizing it! Take a look at this screen capture of a website and all the affiliate links hidden in plain sight:
As you can see, there are plenty of chances for readers and viewers to get hooked in and click on a referral link. Whether or not this happens, and if your sent visitor converts to a customer all depend on how successful your marketing is.
How to enrich your business with affiliate money
Here's how you can use affiliate money to enrich your business:
1. Create content that generates revenue
In affiliate marketing, your goal is usually to make sales. You need to connect a product’s target audience with the product, and convince them to make a purchase. Help them make this decision by putting out content that increases the chance of someone thinking “Yes, I need to buy this!”
Make sure to only put out high-quality, truthful content. Don’t try to make affiliates with cheap companies then sell useless products to your audience — this will reduce their trust in you.
Instead, promote products that already fit your niche and target audience.
2. Join the right affiliate program
Not all affiliate programs are the same, and some might not work with your strategy. Experiment and try out different programs to enrich your business. If you want to get started somewhere, check out our “Why Be a SoftwareKeep Affiliate?” article and consider teaming up with us!
3. Optimize your existing traffic
Let’s take a look at the 80/20 rule.
The 80/20 rule, in affiliate marketing, means that 80% of your profits will be generated from 20% of your content. Of course, this isn’t an accurate measurement, but a mere principle that stands firm.
To take advantage of this, identify your highest converting content and make it a priority to create similar content. Additionally, always include your affiliate links in content that brings high traffic and interaction to increase the chances of converting visitors.
Once you know what brings in the most traffic, you can utilize this knowledge to enrich your business with affiliates.
4. Make campaigns
Affiliate campaigns help you draw attention to your links and products. There are many different campaigns you can try and experiment with. Find the one that converts the most visitors into customers, and you have a formula for success:
- Pop-up campaigns. Creating a pop-up advertisement is a great way to grab the attention of a wandering potential customer. While they can be a little intrusive, it’s a great chance to promote a product someone might’ve missed. Always ensure that your pop-up campaigns are straightforward yet appealing and easy to exit out of in case a visitor isn’t interested.
- Content campaigns. Here at SoftwareKeep, we like to publish articles and reviews related to the products and services we endorse. This is a kind of promotion that hits two birds with one stone. On one hand, you get interesting content that brings more visitors to the website, and on the other hand, you get a chance to make affiliate sales.
- Email campaigns. Sending out promotions, deals, and your content via email campaigns is another successful way to make affiliate revenue. If you want to get started, make sure to read our “How to Start Your Own Email List” article.
If you need any further help, don’t be afraid to reach out to our customer service team, available 24/7 to assist you. Return to us for more informative articles all related to productivity and modern day technology!
Would you like to receive promotions, deals, and discounts to get our products for the best price? Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter by entering your email address below! Receive the latest technology news in your inbox and be the first to read our tips to become more productive.