How to Download Office 2016
Updating to a newer version of Office can be crucial for your business, schoolwork, or personal projects. Having the latest edition of the program can allow you to get more done with increased efficiency. You’ll have all the latest tools to engage and analyze your data or to present your ideas to the world.
That is usually the case with new versions of any software, but Microsoft’s Office 2016 has added some particularly impressive updates that allow you to collaborate in new and very useful ways with your colleagues and fellow students and to visualize your data as never before, including real-time collaboration, Bing-powered search features and document integration, and new presentation apps.
With such impressive features awaiting you, you may be eager to download Office 2016. It is crucial that you follow the right process to ensure you get the product that is right for your needs.
Downloading Office 2016
Step #1: Determine whether you have a Mac or a PC
Before you can get the Office 2016, you need to determine what kind of computer you have. The requirements for your computer and the program you download will be different depending on what platform you are using.
Step #2: Determine whether your computer fits the system requirements
Your computer has to meet specific minimal requirements to be able to accurately run Office 2016.
For PC, your computer must have:
- At least 1 gigahertz (GHz) x86 or x64-bit processor
- At least 2 gigabytes (GB) of RAM
- At least 3 GB of available disk space, although significantly more is recommended
- A Direct X10 graphic card
- A screen resolution of at least 1280 x 800
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or a more recent version of Windows (such as Windows 8, or ideally, Windows 10)
- An up-to-date browser (such as Microsoft Explorer, Google Chrome, or Safari)
- At least .Net 3.5, although 4.5 or later is preferred
- If you are uncertain whether your computer meets these requirements, check your system specifications.
- If you are using a Mac instead of a PC, your computer must have:
- An Intel processor
- 4 GB of RAM
- 6 GB of available space, although significantly more is recommended
- The HFS+ hard disk format (also known as the Mac OS Extended or HFC Plus)
- A screen resolution of at least 1280 x 800
- An up-to-date browser (such as Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox)
If you are uncertain whether your computer meets these requirements, check your system specifications.
Step #3: Determine the version of Office 2016 you need
As with previous versions of the program suite, Office 2016 comes with a large number of options tailored to your individual needs.
For PC, the available versions are:
- Home & Student: This suite only includes the core programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and doesn’t include Outlook
- Home & Business: This suite comes with the core programs, as well as Outlook for your business email.
- Standard: This suite is only available through bulk purchase and comes with the core programs, Outlook, and Publisher
- Professional: This suite does not require a bulk purchase and comes with the core programs, Outlook, Publisher, and Access.
- Professional Plus: This suite requires bulk purchase and includes the core programs, Outlook, Publisher, Access, and Skype for Business.
For Mac, the available versions are:
- Home & Student: This suite only includes the core programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). It does not include Outlook email.
- Home & Business: This suite consists of the core programs and Outlook.
- Standard: This suite requires a bulk purchase and consists of the core programs and Outlook.
- In addition to these traditional options, Microsoft has released a new subscription-based Office service called Office 365 with a large variety of different versions and price options.
Step #4: Go to a trusted site to purchase Office 2016
Once you have determined the right version of the Office suite for your needs, go to a trusted website to purchase it. Make sure the website you buy your software from has a good reputation. Selecting a trusted retailer like SoftwareKeep.com that has an excellent reputation and customer service before, during, and after the sale will ensure that you are satisfied with your purchase and that you get the software installed correctly.
Step #5: Purchase the program
The simplest step. Now you have found the right program on your chosen site, just purchase the program and follow the instructions.
Step #6: Find your product key
After your purchase is complete, you should receive a 16-digit code called your product key. This will likely come in an email. Be sure not to lose this code because it is essential for installation or a future reinstallation of your Office suite.
Step #7: Redeem your product key online and download the program
After you have purchased the program, you may be prompted to go to the official Microsoft website to redeem your product. On the Microsoft site, you will be asked to sign in (or create and sign in) with a Microsoft account. This can be a Hotmail, Outlook, OneDrive, X Box Live, or Skype account.
After you’ve signed in, follow the instructions there and insert your 16-digit product key code when prompted. Afterward, download the Office suite file. It’s possible that you may be able to download the program directly from the site where you purchased it. In that case, the product key will be requested later.
Step #8: Proceed with the installation
Once the file has downloaded, click on it and begin the installation process. Remember to keep your product key close at hand. The setup prompts should allow you to navigate the process.
Why you should purchase Office 2016 from SoftwareKeep.com
Many outlets sell Microsoft Office 2016 either for PC or Mac, but only one website guarantees safe downloads of Office and other programs at the absolute lowest price. SoftwareKeep.com not only offers you the lowest price anywhere, but we also have experts to help you choose the best program for you and our team is available to help you with any questions you have with the program after your purchase.
To find out more or to browse the software we offer, visit us today at www.softwarekeep.com or contact us at 977-315-1713.