Microsoft Office was introduced in 1990 and is a set of computer applications that are mainly created for business or office use. Microsoft Corporation is the proprietor of the Office software. It is supported by Windows, Linux, and Mac. It is also offered in 35 different languages.Shop Now
How to Unistall?
Microsoft Office was originally designed to convert the basic office task with a variety of application programs. Every one of these applications in the Office works a specific purpose. It includes desktop applications such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, OneNote, and Word aside from the popular desktop applications. A brief explanation for each of them are:
- Microsoft Excel - It helps you make basic to complicated data spreadsheets.
- Microsoft Outlook - It is mainly used for emails and for management of information including organizing meetings.
- Microsoft PowerPoint - It is a stand-alone program that makes professional multimedia presentations.
- Microsoft Publisher - It is an application software for making and publishing introductory marketing materials.
- Microsoft Access - It is an application for database management.
- Microsoft OneNote - It is an online alternative to a paper notebook. It allows you to organize your notes neatly.
- Microsoft Word - It enables users in making text documents.
The Office is also available in full version, which is the Office 365, and from online under a lighter Office web software. The following is a step-by-step instruction on how to uninstall the Office software.
Determine your reason to uninstall
Microsoft Office is such a useful application software for users all over the world. So, why do you want to get rid of it on your computer? Probably, your software has become corrupted and you are getting a lot of error messages whenever you are using a certain Office program. Perhaps, you have decided that you do not need to use the applications anymore. It could also be that you want to try the Google alternative of the office software.
Remove the software manually
One important factor to consider is the kind of system you are using in your computer. Is it Windows Vista and Win 7? There are some differences between these two, as well as the methods of uninstalling an application.
For the users of Windows Vista:
- Click the Start and enter the menu
- On the menu, click the Settings
- Then select the Control Panel
- In the window of the control panel, double click the Programs and Features
- Look for the Microsoft Office and then select one of the application programs
- Click the Uninstall button
- Return to the window in the control panel. Use the same process to uninstall the other Office applications one by one
For the users of Windows 7:
- At the desktop's taskbar, click Start. You can also go to your keyboard and press the Start button
- Find the Programs and Features from the menu and then click it
- Double click one of the Office software, and choose to uninstall
- After that, a dialog box will ask you if you want to modify or uninstall
- Click Yes and the computer will start the installation process
- Use the same method in uninstalling the other Office programs
After you have done the rest of the uninstallation of the Microsoft Office, you will need to restart your computer. This will clean up your registry settings, as there are some associated programs that may still be there even after uninstalling the Office. However, removing these programs manually can be time-consuming since there are too many associated files to search for and uninstall.
Make use of tools
At times, you need to use an advanced uninstaller software to completely and cleanly do the uninstallation for you. It will uninstall the Office software and the rest of its associated files. Using these types of programs comes with some benefits. It does the work more efficiently and thoroughly compared to the basic removal method that is integrated with Windows. It can clean up all the corrupted registry entries fast. Moreover, an uninstaller tool can help increase the performance of your computer.
Most of these uninstaller tools come with an option that uninstalls applications forcibly. This force uninstall option can easily detect the specific folder wherein the software is located. It can also clean the hidden applications in your computer systems. If you are dealing with hard-to-uninstall applications, then this kind of tool has proven to be useful. The good news is that these uninstallers are free. The task of uninstalling is performed successfully without the need for shelling out some money.
Basically, you want to uninstall your Microsoft Office because you want to install a new one. It is important to remove the original files from the computer system as it can use up plenty of space from the memory. Removing them can also boost your computer usage.
Why you can trust us
Softwarekeep is a trusted software reseller and a Microsoft Certified Partner
We exist to make tech accessible by helping people (like you) choose the perfect product, get a great deal, and install it easily – so you can enjoy your software immediately.
So if you’re looking for genuine Microsoft software at the cheapest price – complete with 24/7 technical support and advice – you’re in the right place.
“Been looking for a one off purchase of office package and this is the best price I came across and the reviews looked good as well. Easy to purchase - no issue.”Written by tony4val
Oct 25, 2017
“I had a question about a product and their ondivne chat support helped me out fast.”Written by it-75020
Oct 24, 2017
“The Norton gurantee helped me feel confident in purhasing on the website.”Written by cassandrathronson
Oct 24, 2017
SoftwareKeep USA can answer all your software questions
Maintaining your software can be a struggle at times. That’s why you need to purchase your software at SoftwareKeep USA, where we have experts who can help you with all your purchasing, installing, and troubleshooting needs. We also offer the lowest prices anywhere on the web on all our software. When you are looking to upgrade Windows or else buy a new version of Office, SoftwareKeep USA is the best place to do it.Shop now
Buy and Download Microsoft Office from $54.99
Let us help you
One of our Installation Specialist will help you set up your new software hassle-free. Software sold separately.
Digital download 100% authentic from Microsoft and new software in minutes.
Shop with confidence
We guarantee money back if you have any problem with our one of our softwares.
Lowest price guarantee
We always have the best deals but if you find an identical product cheaper than us, we‘ll beat it by 5%.