Many know of the basic features contained in all the Windows 7 editions, but you need to know the upgrades that make this one Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Multimedia Redirection. This allows users to receive the file in its’ original compressed form so you can decode it locally. When running a network that is comprised of many machines (and maybe even satellite offices), this feature allows the user to reduce their bandwidth usage so their systems runs at optimal speeds.
- Federated Search. This is the ability for an IT department to set up external databases that the users of the network can search using Internet Explorer. It gives the company the ability to create databases based on any criteria they deem necessary for their daily functions. These searchable files are labeled as osdx.
- BitLocker Drive Encryption. This state of the art security measure provides encryption for entire drives worth of information with 128-bit or 256-bit keys.
There are three different authentication methods that users can employ depending on what works best for them.
-Transparent Operation Mode-
the encrypted files are there for use when the proper users log onto the system.
-User Authentication Mode-
this mode requires the user to have a PIN or other proper credentials.
-USB Key Mode-
the user must have a USB flash drive that acts as a key to the encrypted files.
- BitLocker ToGo. This is the application of BitLocker on to portable drives, like USB drives.
- Direct Access. This is an intranet set up specifically for the company. The IT department can set up this network to function all the computers tied to the network. It has its’ own separate interface to make managing and updating easy. It also gives your employees the ability to gain access to the network from home with their proper authentication.
- 37 Languages. It gives the user the ability to use different languages in certain programs. It also supports the software to complete convert the OS into another language.
- AppLocker. This allows the IT department, or whoever monitors the system, to customize which apps are allowed on the system. This feature is customizable down to which versions of an app or which publishers are allowed to run on the network.
- Fingerprint Scanning. It does not come with the ability but it supports the software to do so.
- BranchCache. This enhances responsiveness over the network by eliminating unnecessary traffic between a business and its’ satellite branches. When one user at a branch downloads something from the company network, they make it accessible to all the users at that branch. This keeps unnecessary traffic down by not making each user download the same information over and over.
Why do I need this Operating System?
If you are a business, bank, or major corporation there’s not much about this system not to love. The advanced network capabilities increase production because your employees can securely and easily access their company network from home. The security that this OS provides takes a load of stress off the IT department because of the state of the art encryption measures. It, also, gives a company an easy and efficient way to communicate with their branch offices, warehouses, or sales people. With all the business upgrades, it still has the comfortable home feel of being in front of your own PC. Production increase, simple communication throughout all departments, and the security that a business needs for its sensitive information all equal things that will make the boss very happy.