microsoft certified partneredit text in wordCreating a new document in Word is the first step in using the handy word-processing software. With Word installed on your device you can use templates to create a document or build your own from scratch, research, enhance your documents with pictures and videos, share documents with others, track changes, and access all of your Word documents across various devices.
Step by Step Guide on How To Create a Word Document
Here’s how to create your very own Word document.
- Locate the “File” tab and click “New”.
- Select “Blank document” from the options that are offered to you. Or, if you wish to use a template, enter the kind of document you want to find a template for the “Search online templates” search bar. Hit “enter” and choose a given template.
How to Add and Edit Text in Word
- Click to place your cursor and proceed to type the content you want to add to your document.
- To format the text, select it by left-clicking and dragging it to highlight. Then select a formatting option (bold, italics, etc.). These are found under the "Home" tab.
How To Add Shapes, SmartArt, Charts, and Pictures in Word
- Locate and select the “Insert” tab along the top of the document window.
- Choose what component you want to add to your document:
- Shapes: Select the "shapes" option and select your specific shape from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Pictures: Select “pictures”, browse through your device to find the appropriate picture, and hit “Insert”.
- Charts: Select the “chart” option and select your preferred chart before hitting “OK”.
- SmartArt: Select the "SmartArt" option and chose from the available SmartArt graphics. Press “OK”.
If you’re looking for a software company you can trust for its integrity and honest business practices, look no further than SoftwareKeep. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner and a BBB Accredited Business that cares about bringing our customers a reliable, satisfying experience on the software products they need. We will be with you before, during, and after all the sales.