Microsoft Office is a set of computer applications mainly used for business or office purposes. First introduced in 1990, Office software is made by the Microsoft Corporation.
MS Office helps simplify basic office tasks and improve work productivity. Each application is designed to address specific tasks, such as word processing, data management, making presentations and organizing emails.
Microsoft has developed multiple versions of Office that can be supported by different operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and macOS.Microsoft Office is also offered in 35 different languages.
Microsoft Office Common Applications
The most common Office applications are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Other apps include Publisher, Access and OneNote.
Here’s a brief explanation of each of the different apps and what you can use them for:
- Microsoft Word: is a word processor that lets users make and edit text documents, such as reports, letters, and résumés and run spell-checks on writing
- Microsoft Excel: is an electronic spreadsheet program that helps you store, organize and manipulate data by creating simple to complex spreadsheets
- Microsoft PowerPoint: allows you to visually display information, using anything from basic slideshows to professional multimedia presentations
- Microsoft Outlook: is a personal information manager mainly used for emails but that can also be used to store calendars and contact information, manage tasks as well as organize meetings
- Microsoft Publisher: is a graphic design app that gives users creating material for marketing or publications more options in the layout and design of their documents
- Microsoft Access: is a database management system that allows you to link and use data from other sources, manipulate the data you’ve gathered in different ways, as well as create simple business applications
- Microsoft OneNote: is a digital alternative to a paper notebook that allows you to create, organize and share your notes easily
Microsoft Office is either available as a package or you can buy stand-alone Microsoft Office applications, such as Word or Excel separately.
Most basic packages come with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, while some also include other Microsoft Office programs, such as Publisher, Access and/or OneNote.
Make sure to check with your supplier when making a purchase in which programs are included in your deal.
If you’re looking for a software company you can trust for its integrity and honest business practices, look no further than SoftwareKeep. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner and a BBB Accredited Business that cares about bringing our customers a reliable, satisfying experience on the software products they need. We will be with you before, during, and after all the sales. That’s our 360 Degree SoftwareKeep Guarantee. So, what are you waiting for? Call us Today on +1 877 315 1713 or email email@example.com. As well, you can reach us via Live Chat.