What is Power Bi? Power BI is a business analytics solution that lets you visualize data and share insights throughout your organization. You can also embed them in your app or website. Connect to hundreds of data sources and bring your data to life with live dashboards and reports. This is a great tool for business that allows users to analyze more data in more ways than ever before. Regardless of what business you’re in, if it is data-intensive, Power Bi is the tool you need to make sense of the date.
Power BI for Mac
Unfortunately, there is no native version of Power Bi for Mac, though it is under consideration. Nonetheless, the good news is, you can still run Power Bi on your Mac. There are a couple of ways you can do this. One, you can create a virtual machine in Azure, install Power BI desktop there, and access the Power BI cloud workstation with Mac OS X remote desktop apps like Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac.
You can also install Parallels Desktop on your Mac, load Windows 10 ISO, install Windows, and load Power BI Desktop on this local virtual machine. You can use Parallels Desktop to create a seamless Power BI Desktop experience by creating a shortcut that makes it look like you are running Power BI as a native Mac OS X app.
Features of Power BI for Mac
Power BI uses Content Packs, which has dashboard reports, data model and embedded queries. Content Packs are now being used by a large number of applications, including QuickBooks.
- Natural Language Q&A: This is one of the most powerful tools in Power BI. It lets users write questions and will provide the content and answer, which you can set up to match your visual needs.
- Print Dashboard: Power BI provides a unique feature for printing dashboards, which can be great for meetings and large discussions.
- Custom Visualization: A library of custom visualization. Make the visuals pop with this. Customize it to suit the needs of your business.
- Get Data (Data Source): With Power BI, businesses can get data from almost anywhere. Power BI Desktop includes a huge array of on-premise and cloud data sources, structured and unstructured, and the ability to draw mass amounts of information from anywhere, all of which can be analyzed in many ways.
- DAX Data Analysis Function: Has more than 200 functions, with more added all the time. The rich DAX formula language includes libraries of incredible capabilities to perform computational gymnastics on your data and create powerful analytical data models.
- Create Stunning Interactive Reports: Power BI Desktop gives you the tools to transform, analyze, and visualize data. Share reports with your organization using Power BI on the web.
- Consistent analysis across your organization: With SQL Server Analysis Services you can easily build robust, reusable models over your data to provide consistency across reporting and analysis in your organization.
- Deliver Interactive Reports in your app with Power BI Embedded service.
Governance Setting for Power BI cache refreshes from Azure Analysis Services
Power BI Live Connect reports allow the dataset to be stored in Azure Analysis Services (Azure AS) or SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) while the report stays in the Power BI service. Report interactivity can be enhanced by Power BI maintaining caches of dashboard tile data and report data for the initial load.
Enterprise BI deployments where semantic models are reused throughout organizations can result in plenty of dashboards and reports sourcing data from a single Analysis Services (AS) model. This can cause an excessive number of cache queries being submitted to AS and could overload the server. This is important to Azure AS (as opposed to SSAS) because models are often co-located in the same region as the Power BI capacity for faster query response times.
With Excel spreadsheets, cloud services, streaming data, and on-premises databases so no matter where your data lives or what form it’s in, you get a holistic view of the key metrics for your business.
Power Bi for Mac isn’t native to Mac, but by using one of the methods addressed above, you can easily run Power Bi on your Mac. With one of the methods above, you will think you are using Power Bi for Mac. Take advantage of the same powerful data analysis features as Windows has by using Power Bi on your Windows system until Power Bi for Mac comes to the Mac as a native product.
If you’re looking for a software company you can trust for its integrity and honest business practices, look no further than SoftwareKeep. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner and a BBB Accredited Business that cares about bringing our customers a reliable, satisfying experience on the software products they need. We will be with you before, during, and after all the sales.
That’s our 360 Degree SoftwareKeep Guarantee. So, what are you waiting for? Call us Today on +1 877 315 1713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. As well, you can reach us via Live Chat.