How You Can Turn Off Windows 10 Ads in File Explorer
If you’ve just upgraded to Windows 10 and are now seeing ads in your File Explorer, you’re not alone. In fact, Windows has been inundated with complaints about these annoying pop-ups on various online communities like Reddit.
Microsoft is trying to make the File Explorer more interactive by adding features — the problem is that they also added ads that show up when you open a file or folder. This article will teach you how to disable these pesky advertisements so that Windows can go back to being useful again.
How to turn off Provider Notifications in three easy steps
OneDrive ads in File Explorer can be a pain, but you don't have to let them bother you. When they show up just click the X and they will go away, but they might show up again if you don’t look into your settings.
There are three steps you need to do to stop the annoying OneDrive ads from popping up in File Explorer. You can turn them off or bypass it all together, and carry on with your day!
It’s better for you if you choose not to deal with those bothersome annoyances, as they won't be an issue anymore once this step has been completed.
Here’s what you need to do to turn off ads in the File Explorer on Windows 10.
- Open the File Explorer by pressing the icon in the task bar, or press the Windows + E keyboard shortcut. Want to know more useful Windows 10 shortcuts? Explore our suggestions here!
- In the File Explorer window, click on the View tab. This is going to open up a “hidden” menu to reveal more options for how you see the File Explorer.
- Click on the Options button. You can find this in the upper-right corner of the View menu. Make sure to click on the button itself, and not the drop-down menu!
- You’ll see the Folder Options pop-up window appear. The first thing you need to do is switch to the View tab using the navigation menu on top of the window.
- In the new tab, look for the Advanced settings category. Here, scroll down until you see the “Show sync provider notifications” option. If the box next to it has a checkmark, click on it once to remove it.
- After removing the checkmark, the box should be empty. This means that OneDrive advertisements and notifications will no longer show up in the File Explorer. Click Apply and restart the File Explorer.
Did you know? Interesting facts about Windows 10 ads
Reddit users have been drawing interesting comments about the ads that appear in Windows 10.
Apparently, a user has found that OneDrive advertisements and notifications don’t show up on European versions of Microsoft's operating system, and Enterprise licensing doesn't seem to be affected either.
This is just one more reason to invest in this version for those who need an enterprise-level product with these kinds of capabilities!
Some other users are concerned that disabling this option will turn off all sync provider notifications, including important ones.
Be aware if you follow the guide — it may also disable OneDrive sync for other services where cloud content could be stored or accessed.
SoftwareKeep has got you covered
SoftwareKeep is committed to helping you get the most out of your Microsoft system and apps. As always, we got you covered by providing reliable solutions that can be customized according to individual needs so as not hinder productivity but rather work in tandem with your purchases!
Here at SoftwareKeep, we offer a range of services including anti-virus programs that provide security from malware infections, optimization tips and tools, as well as help with installing software and operating systems.
Shutting off Microsoft’s OneDrive ads means doing what’s best for our customers. After all, you are the most important thing in this equation and we want to make sure that your experience with us is nothing but satisfying!
Before you go...
Today, we showed you how to remove advertisements from the Windows 10 File Explorer. Advertisements can be distracting and take up a lot of space in your window. Now, you don't have to worry about them again!
We also wanted to let you know that if this blog post helped make your day easier or more productive, please share it with others who might benefit too! If there are any other tips on Windows 10 that interest you, feel free to check out our Help Center or Blog for even more great information.
We’re committed to your satisfaction. That's why we share our knowledge with you through the articles our team writes. If you want to get early access to our newest blog posts, promotions, and discount codes, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter! You’ll get the best price on all products we offer at SoftwareKeep.
That’s all for today. Thanks for reading today's blog post — see you next time!