What does the message “No Boot Device Found on Windows 10” mean? While it isn’t always a serious issue, it can certainly present problems. There are other messages you may see as well. “No bootable devices found” is one. A bootable device means any piece of hardware that contains or can read the files required for a computer to start. A hard drive, floppy disk drive, CD-ROM drive, DVD drive, and USB thumb drive are bootable devices. How do these devices affect Windows 10 and why are you getting these messages?
No Boot device found on Windows 10
There are two main probably cause if you encounter this issue. First, your hard drive may not be set as your first boot device in the BIOS. It should be as the default unless you have specifically chosen to boot from a different device. Here’s how we can fix this issue:
Set Hard Drive as Boot Device
- Restart the computer and tap Esc to enter the BIOS interface.
- Press the right arrow key on your keyboard until the Boot tab is opened. Move “Hard Drive” to the top of the boot order list by pressing “+” or “-”.
- Press F10 to save the changes and restart the computer.
Corrupted MBR can lead to no boot device available in Windows 10. Here’s how to repair:
- Insert the Windows installation media into your computer and boot.
- Select the language and region, and then click on “Repair your computer” when you see the “Install now” window.
- Select Troubleshoot and then Command Prompt on the Advanced options screen.
- In Command Prompt, input the following command lines and press Enter after each. (If you are asked whether you want to add a new installation to the boot list, type “Y” and then press Enter.)
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /scanos
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
5. Exit Command Prompt and restart your computer.
It is likely that one of these issues is the culprit and following these steps can help you fix the issue with your boot drive errors. Don’t be worried when you see one of the error messages. As bad as it sounds, you can usually fix the issue without a problem.
If you’re looking for a software company you can trust for its integrity and honest business practices, look no further than SoftwareKeep. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner and a BBB Accredited Business that cares about bringing our customers a reliable, satisfying experience on the software products they need. We will be with you before, during, and after all the sales.
That’s our 360 Degree SoftwareKeep Guarantee. So, what are you waiting for? Call us Today on +1 877 315 1713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. As well, you can reach us via Live Chat.