In Windows 10, you have the option to customize your Start menu to suit your liking. If you ever wanted to show only tiles and remove the application list, follow our guide. You can easily change how your Start menu is displayed by modifying a few settings in Windows 10.
The Start menu is your go-to central for finding applications and features in Windows 10. With the new addition of Tiles, this menu has become all the more convenient and helpful for users.
If you wish to make your Start menu consist of mainly Tiles, without the application list taking up space on the side, we have some good news for you. It’s entirely possible!
Don’t worry — even after turning the app list off, you can still access it by clicking on its button. However, it won’t take up space on the Start menu by default, allowing you to focus on your Tiles instead.
How to show Tiles only in the Windows 10 Start menu
The steps below show you how to access the settings required to toggle the application list on and off in Windows 10’s Start menu. This is currently the only way of showing just Tiles in Windows 10, without the need for a third-party application.
- Click on the Start menu in your taskbar. This icon has the Windows 10 logo on it. If you’re not familiar with the Windows 10 interface, we recommend reading the How to Get Started with Windows 10 article on our website.
- Select the Settings icon, indicated by a gear. Alternatively, you can use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to reach this application quicker.
- Click on the Personalization tile. This will take you to the screen where you can access most of Windows 10’s customization options.
- Using the menu inside the left pane, switch to the Start tab. You can modify how your Start menu appears here, including the App list.
- Find the Show app list in Start menu header on the Start page. Click on the toggle switch underneath it so that it is set to Off.
Voila! Your application list should be gone every time you open the Start menu now.
How to access the App list after turning it off
Even after turning the App list off, you still have easy access to it inside the Start menu.
- Open the Windows 10 Start menu, and click on the icon of the App list on the left pane. It is represented by 4 boxes and horizontal lines.
- If you hover your mouse cursor on the icon for a couple of seconds, it’ll show the label “All apps”.
How to turn the App list back on in the Windows 10 Start menu
If you wish to revert these changes and show the app list again, just follow the guide above from the first step and toggle the application list back On.
If you need any further help, don’t be afraid to reach out to our customer service team, available 24/7 to assist you. Return to us for more informative articles all related to productivity and modern-day technology!
Would you like to receive promotions, deals, and discounts to get our products for the best price? Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter by entering your email address below! Receive the latest technology news in your inbox and be the first to read our tips to become more productive.