Microsoft Office 2019 was the first significant update to the standalone version of the dominant productivity suite since Office 2016.Office 365 is a monthly or yearly-paid subscription service, providing continued support and updates throughout the lifetime of your subscription. Office 2019 is a one-time purchase. Whilst you will receive Microsoft security updates, these won't include additional tools, systems and functionality.
Should you update to the new version if you’re using an older release of Microsoft Office? Does it make sense to subscribe to Office 365 instead?
This is what we aim to discover in this article.
Office 2019 Vs Office 365:Whats the difference between Office 2019 and Office 365?
This is a standalone version. Microsoft Office 2019 is not cloud-based. This means that you only buy Microsoft Office 2019 once and get to own the software forever; which is a huge plus for many.
Microsoft Office 2019 will update and replace Microsoft Office 2016 and let users of the standalone suite get caught up with a select subset of the features and the functionality available to Office 365 subscribers.
Features of Microsoft Office 2019
Microsoft has included some new features in the Office 2019 version that were not in the previous edition; the Office 2016 version.
The features in Office 2019 that were not available in Office 2016 include:
- Advanced Presentation Features: PowerPoint is by far the most common tool for presentations. PowerPoint has added Morph as well as Zoom abilities.
- Powerful Data Analysis: Excel has more features which include new charts, new formulas, as well as the ability to publish from Excel to Power BI, and other improvements for PowerPivot and PowerQuery.
- Enhanced Inking Features: Office 2019 introduces a new inking ability across all apps.
The features include:
- Pressure sensitivity
- Roaming pencil case
- Tilt effects adjust the thickness of the ink depending on the pen’s angle
- Will allow you to store and organize all your favorite pencils, highlighters, and pens and roam with them too across different devices.
- Easier Email Management: If you use Outlook, Office 2019 is about to improve your experience and save you from a lot of hassle when managing your email.
Office 2019 is set to feature:
- Office 365 groups
- Updated contact cards
- Focused inbox
- Travel package cards
Microsoft believes that these features will help you manage your email more effectively and efficiently.
Features of Office 365
This version of Microsoft Office 365 can allow one to use it whether online or offline. Microsoft Office 365 makes it very convenient and automatically adds new features and updates and improves your experience with it. Office 365 main features include:
- Linking Files Instead of Attaching Them: With the Microsoft Office 365 version, you can upload a file to the cloud, open Outlook, and link the data. Microsoft Office 365 also allows one to edit the file to whomever you email the link to, and you can still change Microsoft Office 365 if you like.
- Collaboration: Several people can edit the same document simultaneously because Office 365 integrates seamlessly with the cloud. You will also get to see the edits being made as they happen and know precisely who is making them.
- Automatic Image Suggestions from Bing: Office 365 is integrated with Bing image search, so when you type, you get to have image suggestions based on the words you are typing.
- Self-De-Clutter Inbox: With Office 365 you can forget about spam; which is a godsend for many people. You can train your inbox to automatically remove messages that you deem less important to a Clutter folder.
- Turn Notes into Calendars: Office 365 allows you to convert the notes you write on your to-do list to tasks with reminders along with deadlines in your calendar. You also get to add meeting details to letters and email them to whoever is concerned.
- Turn Data into a Map: The power map feature lets you convert any data in Excel into images. If data is geographic, it will then turn to a 3D map.
- Better Graphs, Charts, and Pivot Tables: Office 365 has a new quick analysis feature that allows users to quickly look into different ways in which you can present the material you are working on.
- Automatic Reformat of Data by Excel: Flash Fill, is a feature in Office 365, that automatically realizes the changes you are making and completes them for you. Flash Fill then presents the reformatted list, and all you need to do is to click it to accept it.
- PDF Editing: This version of Office allows you to edit your PDF document by just converting it into a Word document without dealing with the formatting issues that you experience when you copy and paste a report.
- Mouse as a Laser Pointer: You can command PowerPoint to change the icon to a red dot to act as your laser pointer and use your mouse. You can also apply it when using your iPad while giving a PowerPoint presentation.
- Ignore Reply-All Conversations: If you have been in a situation where you may have been included in receiving unnecessary emails because the sender accidentally or intentionally clicked the reply-all button.
With Microsoft Office 2019 replacing the Office 2016 edition, you will now have to choose between the Office 365 edition and Office 2019 edition. To help with this decision we have taken a look at some of their key features.
The Office 365 edition lets you use it on any PC, smartphone, or tablet while Office 2019 edition only provides a license to use it on one PC. The Office 2019 edition is a once-in-a-lifetime purchase, unlike the Office 365 edition where you have to pay subscription fees monthly or annually.
Microsoft Office 2019 Support
Microsoft Office 2019 is meant to improve the computing experience for consumers using Office 2016. If you’re using Office 2016 or an older version of the Microsoft Office suite, upgrading to Office 2019 will get you caught up with many of the features and capabilities available today for Office 365 subscribers.
However, as Office 365 continues evolving with new features and updates, Microsoft Office 2019 will become increasingly obsolete with each passing week.
If you’re looking for a software company you can trust for its integrity and honest business practices, look no further than SoftwareKeep. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner and a BBB Accredited Business that cares about bringing our customers a reliable, satisfying experience on the software products they need. We will be with you before, during, and after all the sales.