Microsoft SQL Server 2012 CAL Edition
INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
- For 1 Device
- Digital download
- Lifetime support at no extra cost
- CAL Edition
- Digital download
- Discounted price
- 24/7/365 customer support
SQL Server 2012 Standard is a cloud-ready information platform helps businesses and organizations unlock insights across the company and helps quickly build solutions to extend data across on-site and in the cloud. Data management and business intelligence capabilities for non-critical workloads with minimal IT resources.
Database Recovery Advisor gives database administrators better options in how they restore databases with SQL Server Management Studio. SQL Server Management Studio has been enhanced to offer fully redundant cloud backups with the new capability of moving logical copies of SQL Server databases directly to Microsoft SQL Azure.
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition makes it easier to manage access levels to and standard format of databases on both the server and in deployed applications for individual users and groups.
Database migration has also been simplified in Microsoft SQL 2012 Standard Edition, with the ability to create self-contained databases with all the metadata, security controls and user access. When you move these databases, no setup is required. This is a huge time-saver for DBAs.
Integrations Services has made integrating data from multiple sources simpler in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition, which greatly enhances data capturing and display.
Because information management is a crucial part of business, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition has simplified content management as an integrated part of applications.
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition gives you the capability of extending data across heterogeneous environments with industry standard APIs like ODBC and JDBC using a variety of programming platforms.
|Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard 32-Bit
|1GHz Pentium III-compatible processor or higher
|Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard 64-Bit
|1.4GHz AMD Opteron, AMD Athlon 64, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support, Intel Pentium IV with EM64T support
Disk Space Requirements for Each Module
|Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Module
|Disk Space Needed
|Database Engine and data files, Replication, Full-Text Search, and Data Quality Services
|Analysis Services and data files
|Reporting Services and Report Manager
|Client Components (other than SQL Server Books Online components and Integration Services tools)
|SQL Server Books Online
This software must be installed on the server where you will be running Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition:
- Internet Explorer 7 or a more recent version is needed for Microsoft Management Console (MMC), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), the Report Designer component of Reporting Services, and HTML Help.
- Although Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard does not install or enable Windows PowerShell 2.0, having Windows PowerShell 2.0 installed is a prerequisite for Database Engine components and SQL Server Management Studio.
- If Setup reports that Windows PowerShell 2.0 is not installed, you can install or enable it by following the instructions from Microsoft on the Windows Management Framework page.
- .NET 3.5 SP1 is a requirement for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition when you choose Database Engine, Reporting Services, Replication, Master Data Services, Data Quality Services, or SQL Server Management Studio. However, .NET 3.5 SP1 is no longer installed by SQL Server Setup.
- If you run Setup on a computer with either the Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 OS or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 OS, and you do not have .NET 3.5 SP1, then SQL Server Setup prompts you to download and install.NET 3.5 SP1 before it will continue the SQL Server installation.
- The error message includes a link to the Microsoft download center, or you can download .NET 3.5 SP1 from Windows Update. To prevent interruption during SQL Server Setup, you should download and install .NET 3.5 SP1 prior to running SQL Server Setup.
- If you run Setup on a computer with the Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 OS, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 must be enabled before you begin installing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition.
- .NET 4.0 is a requirement for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition, and SQL Server Setup installs .NET 4.0 during the feature installation step.
SQL Server Setup installs the following required software components:
- .NET Framework 4 1
- SQL Server Native Client
- SQL Server Setup support files
Frequently asked questions
How can I be certain that my copy of Microsoft Office is genuine?
How long does a genuine software license from SoftwareKeep last?
Can I buy a single-use license software and install on multiple computers?
What is a digital download and how does it work?
What are retail software products?
Can I update my software over the Internet? (not needed as there's no update after 2021)