Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard
INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
- For 1 Device
- Digital download
- Lifetime support at no extra cost
- SQL Server Standard
- Digital download
- Discounted price
- 24/7/365 customer support
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard is innovative, dependable, and effective for IT data management. It is an affordable option for small to medium-sized organizations. It includes faster insights from data familiar tools like Excel and Office 365, and delivers mission-critical performance across workloads with built-in-memory technologies. SQL Server 2014 has a number of virtualization or cloud-related capabilities that provide a consistent data platform from on-premise to cloud. It features:
Buffer pool extension
IO resource and governor enhancements
Windows Azure integrated backups
Encryption for backups
• Provides more exceptional capabilities by offering double memory of 128GB.
• Offers excellent flexibility for on the premises deployment in a hybrid or cloud environment, which can be managed through familiar toolsets without additional resources
• Boosts of reliable mission-critical applications with a new in-memory OLTP engine that provides between 10 to 30 times transaction performance gains.
• The updatable in-memory column-store can query up to 100 faster than a legacy solution, while at the same time offering a secure database.
• Get insights about your data quickly with a complete BI platform that speeds up how you access, manage, clean, and shape both internal and external data.
• The SQL Server has a proven, reliable performance that consistently leads in TPC-H, TPC-E, and real-world performance benchmark. It is SAP-Certified to run some of the demanding workloads. You can get more virtualized performance with the IO governance in Resource Governor.
• High availability faster failover better use of hardware resources and improved manageability through AlwaysOn.
• Provides SQL Server data Tools for BI which include; SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) -with vast analytical and data mining capabilities, SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)-which allows you to share analysis in different formats. You can format your reports in PDF, CVS, TIFF, XML, and Excel.
• Features SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)- for smooth workflow and data integration. With improved data warehousing and data extraction, you can use SSIS to automate updates.
• Faster data backup compression and encryption. Apart from data encryption, the tool also supports several security features, including necessary auditing, user-defined roles, which provides access to the server that a particular user requires.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
|Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard 32- Bit and 64-Bit
|4 GB (to make sure you get optimal performance, RAM should be increased as database files get larger)
|x64 Processor: 1.4GHzAMD Opteron, AMD Athlon 64, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support, Intel Pentium IV with EM64T supportx86 Processor: 1GHz Pentium III-compatible processor or faster
Recommended Processor Speed: 2GHz or higher
*The minimum RAM needed to install the Data Quality Server component in Data Quality Services (DQS) is 2GB. This is different from the Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition minimum memory requirement and should be taken into consideration. For more details, see installation.
Minimum Disk Space Requirements for Each Module
|Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Module
|Disk Space Needed
|Database Engine and data files, Replication, Full-Text Search, and Data Quality Services
|Analysis Services and data files
|Reporting Services and Report Manager
|Master Data Services
|Client Components (other than SQL Server Books Online components and Integration Services tools)
|SQL Server Books Online
Note: Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition requires at least 6 GB of hard drive space.
Minimum Software Requirements
The server that Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition is installed on must have this software:
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), the Report Designer component of Reporting Services, and HTML Help required Internet Explorer 7 or later.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard does not install or enable Windows PowerShell 2.0. However, SQL Server Management Studio and Database Engine components require PowerShell 2.0, so it must be installed on the server.
- You can install or enable PowerShell 2.0 using the directions in Windows Management Framework page if Setup shows that Windows PowerShell 2.0 has not been installed.
- .NET 3.5 SP1 is a requirement for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition when Database Engine, Reporting Services, Replication, Master Data Services, Data Quality Services, or SQL Server Management Studio are being used (SQL Server Setup will not install .NET 3.5 SP1).
- If you do not have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed when you run SQL Server Setup on Microsoft Windows 8 or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 computers, SQL Server Setup will stop and prompt you to download and install.NET 3.5 SP1 before continuing the SQL Server installation.
- The message that SQL Server Setup displays will include a link to the Microsoft download center, or you can download .NET 3.5 SP1 from Windows Update. You can also download and install .NET 3.5 SP1 prior to running SQL Server Setup to avoid any disruption in your installation.
- If you run Setup on a computer with the Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 OS, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 must be enabled before you begin installing Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition.
Note: For help downloading and installing .NET 3.5 SP1 on computers running Windows 8 or Microsoft Windows Server 2012, go to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
- .NET 4.0, which is required for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition, is installed by SQL Server Setup as part of the feature installation step.
SQL Server Setup will also install these required software components:
- .NET Framework 4 1
- SQL Server Native Client
Frequently asked questions
How can I be certain that my copy of Microsoft Office is genuine?
How long does a genuine software license from SoftwareKeep last?
Can I buy a single-use license software and install on multiple computers?
What is a digital download and how does it work?
What are retail software products?
Can I update my software over the Internet? (not needed as there's no update after 2021)