Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
- For 1 Device
- Digital download
- Lifetime support at no extra cost
- Genuine Windows Server
- Instant digital download
- Lifetime license
Microsoft has been consistent with the advancements concerning the editions of Windows Servers 2008. Among the wide-range products of software and hardware associated with Microsoft, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 is an operating system released to act as the server variant of Windows 7. Initially, the beta version of the server was released to remove the existing glitches and acquiring valuable insights of the subscribers of Microsoft’s very own TechNet and MSDN programs as well as general public. After the enhancement, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2’s official version came out.
With many editions available such as Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Web Server and Core Server, customers have many options to choose. Each edition comes with crucial elements carrying separate appeal for people around the world. However, in this hoard of editions, the one which stands out with its customizable ability is the Datacenter edition of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2.
The Datacenter edition can support a maximum RAM of 2 TB in its working. New virtualization capabilities were introduced with exciting features such as Live Migration, Failover Clustering, and Hyper-V. Recycle Bin was another introductory feature which allowed storage of deleted files. Security solutions were improved further using encrypted clientless authenticated VPN through the medium of DirectAccess. Some additional striking features of Datacenter editions include Cross-File Replication, Fault Tolerant Memory Sync, and Many Memory Modules along with Unlimited IAS Connection, Remote Desktop Services, RRAS and Virtual Image Use Rights.
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter edition is custom made for the large enterprise market. The only thing which differentiates the edition from the premium enterprise pack is that the number of usable VMs with a unit license is unlimited. The license of the Datacenter pack is related in the form of Original Equipment Manufacturer of Microsoft with a physical server. Also, the edition is one of the packs which can support up to 256 logical processors or up to 64 physical processors for every individual system. Along with the specification update, Management has been highly improved in the Datacenter edition as well. With the features it offers, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter edition is comparatively better than other packs.
Not the right Windows Server product you were looking for? Check out our selection of additional Microsoft Windows Server software today.
Key Features of the Product
- Scalability: The Datacenter edition of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 is capable of handling the anomalous level of workload size with ease. The scalability of the Datacenter edition is high due to valuable enhancements resulting in providing dynamic changes to the working of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Reliability: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Editions have exceptional levels of reliability which ensures good performance. It can support large-scale workloads with an assurance of the scalability of the product; an individual can term the Datacenter edition to be highly reliable.
- Management: Microsoft has passed the server after performing various tests to check its power, server and data management. The power consumption of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition is relatively lower. Additionally, the administration of servers and data takes a toll on many professionals. However, the server management and data management have been eased to such an extent that an individual can easily manage servers and store data without any annoying complications hindering their working.
- Hyper-V Virtualization: The technology virtualizes the system resources of a computer in order to act as a cost-saving option. To put it simply, you can run multiple virtual machines on your computer with the help of the Hyper-V Virtualization feature of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition.
- Clustering Technology: With the use of a failover cluster, a user can have regular access to critical resources of the servers. Practically, it a set of personal computers that work in unison to form a large market for the availability of various applications and services. There are 16 existing clustered server nodes in the Datacenter edition. In a case of any failover of a particular node, another node takes over the services and keeps the operation intact.
- Compatibility: With the aid of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition, you can run high-profile applications on your personal computer. The server is compatible with many kinds of applications showing its high scores in the functionality section. Easy deployment and management of web apps play a significant role in providing a broad web application customizable platform to the users.
Why Opt For the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition?
- Well Pleased Administrators: The positive reviews clearly indicate the love which administrators possess for the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter edition. In addition to the reviews, the sales also state that the product has been highly appreciated for its specifications.
- Value for Money: The bold and robust Datacenter edition of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 profoundly boosts the productivity levels guaranteeing high performance. With the price at which the product comes, it is definitely worth the price tag.
- Ability to Handle Unprecedented Workload: Scalability of the product has been rated high due to its capacity to manage loads of CPUs and memory while running prominent applications with ease.
- Great Features: The enhancements in Hyper-V and management attributes of the Datacenter edition are appreciable. Additionally, the operation of virtual machines with the dynamic memory and intensified graphics via RemoteFX is impressive
These are minimum system requirements for installing Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
- Processor: 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor or faster
- RAM: 512 MB or more
- Available Hard Disk Space: 32 GB or more
- Display: Super VGA or higher-resolution
- Other Key Requirements: DVD Drive, Keyboard, and a Pointing Device
Frequently asked questions
How can I be certain that my copy of Microsoft Office is genuine?
How long does a genuine software license from SoftwareKeep last?
Can I buy a single-use license software and install on multiple computers?
What is a digital download and how does it work?
What are retail software products?
Can I update my software over the Internet? (not needed as there's no update after 2021)