Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
- For 1 Device
- Digital download
- Lifetime support at no extra cost
- Genuine Windows Server
- Instant digital download
- Lifetime license
All the Business Capabilities You Need
If you are particularly fond of the Windows 7 kernel and you aren’t willing to upgrade to newer versions, be it due to constraints in system parameters or simply because you like the layout and interface, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise is a great choice for your business. The server counterpart of the still immensely popular 7 OS, it comes with a solid core of tools and numerous advanced features that will take care of everything related to managing your network in a smooth and efficient manner.
Enterprise 2008 R2 is the revised version - this means it comes with even more benefits for your business server. Improved functionality across the board results in an even more complete experience - keep reading to get acquainted with the major additions to the revision of Enterprise 2008 and see why it is widely recognized as one of the most stable and capable server operating systems out there!
Not the right Windows Server product you were looking for? Check out our selection of additional Microsoft Windows Server software today.
What’s New in Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise?
The revised 2008 Enterprise brings a ton of enhancements in many different aspects - from improvements in crucial areas like Active Directory services, Hyper-V virtualization and the Distributed File System, to completely new features such as PowerShell 2.0. There are plenty of miscellaneous tweaks that result in higher efficiency as well. The extra value R2 brings to Enterprise 2008 bolsters its already impressive performance. With the ability to be run on up to 8 physical CPUs, unlimited IAS, RDS and RRAS connections, virtual image rights that cover the host plus four additional virtual machines and advanced features like hot addition of memory, Enterprise 2008 R2 is undoubtedly equipped to face every challenge of managing a complex business server.
Below, we have compiled a list of the most important new aspects in the Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise:
- Massive improvements to virtualization. The Hyper-V tool is available in Enterprise 2008 R2. It enables you to create and manage a virtualized server environment - major upgrades like live migration functionality and support for dynamic virtual machine storage make it even better than before. Processor and networking support is also vastly improved with R2. Live migration allows you to transfer running VMs from one failover cluster node to another without any downtime or connection drops. As far as dynamic VM storage is concerned, it now supports hot plug-in and hot removal of the storage on a SCSI controller of the VM. Furthermore, processor support includes up to 64 physical cores, making it possible to run multiple intensive workloads on the same host, and networking improvements introduce support for jumbo frames, which are now available in virtual environments as well.
- Clustering changes. Speaking of failover clusters, this aspect of Enterprise 2008 is significantly updated in R2 as well. Among the upgrades are improvements to the validation process for new or existing clusters. In the case of clustered VMs, uptime is increased and management is made more simple thanks to innovative enhancements. Other updates include additional options for migrating settings between clusters and the addition of a PowerShell interface.
- Numerous enhancements in Active Directory Domain Services. There is a slew of new features introduced in ADDS. The addition of the Recycle Bin is a godsend for recovering accidentally deleted AD objects. The improved Administrative Center in Enterprise 2008 R2 now has a task-oriented administration model and supports even larger data-sets. The new organized approach makes it a hassle-free process to perform various tasks that used to be a tad more convoluted than they had to be in previous versions, like resetting passwords or making backups. There’s a lot of functionality added to ADDS - other improvements include a module for PowerShell commandlets, a Best Practices analyzer, Web Services, managed Service Accounts and much more.
- PowerShell 2.0. So far, PowerShell has been mentioned a lot. There is a good reason for it - it’s one of the most prominent features in Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. Designed specifically for system administration, PowerShell gets a ton of extra functionality with its 2.0 version. More than 100 new cmdlets, remote management, an integrated scripted environment and multiple modules that help you organize scripts and functions are among the paramount improvements. With PowerShell 2.0, you can manage your Enterprise 2008 R2 server at the command line, automate a ton of menial tasks and create complex tools in a relatively simple manner.
Amazing Value in Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
The revised Enterprise edition of Windows Server 2008 truly offers an unmatched combination of tools and improvements in its category. It has all the potential to become a centerpiece of your business network management and administration. All of the features in Enterprise 2008 R2 work in unison to provide valuable benefits for you and your business:
- Agility, cost reduction and productivity. It goes without saying that virtual machines are an inseparable part of today’s business world. The improvements to virtualization in Enterprise 2008 R2 allow you to move VMs to the best option for performance, scaling or optimal consolidation whenever the need calls for it, without affecting your users. Furthermore, service can be performed with zero downtime and maintenance windows are a thing of the past. This, combined with lower power consumption thanks to smart server mechanisms, leads to reduced costs for your business. Server administrators will also appreciate the increase in productivity, as VMs can be kept online at all times, even during maintenance.
- Better functionality for IT professionals. The improvements to high availability and virtualization features are aspects of Enterprise 2008 R2 that IT experts will find very useful. PowerShell further adds to that with its clean layout and extensive functionality, allowing you to automate a great deal of otherwise tedious processes.
- Efficiency. The Enterprise edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 brings massive benefits for all types of server management roles. AD admins, network architects, developers, security and datacenter admins - the improvements result in higher productivity across a wide spectrum. It’s never been more intuitive and forgiving to manage your server, with excellent additions like the Active Directory Recycle Bin and the significant advantages that PowerShell 2.0 offers. In short, running Enterprise 2008 R2 for your business has all of the pros and none of the cons.
These are minimum system requirements for installing Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
- Processor - 1.4GHz 64-bit processor or higher
- RAM - 512MB (minimum), 2TB (maximum)
- Available Hard Disk Space - at least 32GB: computers with over 16GB of RAM will require more disk space for paging
Frequently asked questions
How can I be certain that my copy of Microsoft Office is genuine?
How long does a genuine software license from SoftwareKeep last?
Can I buy a single-use license software and install on multiple computers?
What is a digital download and how does it work?
What are retail software products?
Can I update my software over the Internet? (not needed as there's no update after 2021)