Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials Open License
INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
- For 1 Device
- Digital download
- Lifetime support at no extra cost
Every business needs the efficiency of a server, but not every business has the luxury of hiring technical experts to set up and maintain a server. At the same time, while basic server use like email and data storage is necessary for everyone, not all business need or can afford more advanced server features.
A solution to all this has been provided by Microsoft: Windows Server 2012 Essentials. With this server, small businesses can provide access to all of their employees easily, while getting an easy to set up and easy to maintain server that is slimmed down to just include the basic uses needed by small businesses.
What Is Microsoft Windows Server 2012?
Microsoft Windows Server is an operating system designed to provide Windows-quality use for users and administrators while also providing the most advanced solutions for every aspect of server use, from server management, to data storage and security, to application use, to communication.
The 2012 edition includes a number of improvements that provide a business with a more powerful server that is also easier to use on all ends.
What Is the Essentials Edition?
Each version of Microsoft Windows Server includes several different editions that are designed to meet the particular needs of different customer bases. Windows Server 2012 includes for editions, ranging from the elite Datacenter edition, which includes all advanced features and unlimited virtualization, to the Essentials edition, which is a slimmed down version of the server designed for ease of use and only the basic server features.
The Essentials Edition has merged with previous Windows Small Business Server editions to provide the same kind of user experience.
What Is an Open License?
An Open License is a form of volume license from Microsoft that is meant to provide small and midsize businesses with optimal flexibility when purchases licenses for their businesses. Open Licenses allow businesses to add licenses as needed.
Get Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials Open License
We have every version of Microsoft Windows Server available for purchase at the absolute lowest price. We guarantee our prices are better than the competition. In fact, we’ll beat any price you find that beats ours. That guarantee includes our price on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials Open License.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials Features
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials includes advances in four crucial areas: data use and protection, access, improvements in the core infrastructure, and email. Combined, these new features make for the most powerful and easiest to use slimmed down server Microsoft has released.
Data focused upgrades:
- Support for larger disks—Previous editions did not allow for disk support for drives that were 2 TB or larger. That limitation has been removed.
- Support for more devices—Previous editions could only allow for 25 client machines. That number has doubled in the 2012 edition.
- Storage Spaces integration—This feature is new to 2012, and it provides improved disk failure resilience, while making it easier to add drives. All of this is guided by wizards for easy use.
- File History to find old versions of files—Keep a history of changes made to your files, so you can easily go back and find previous versions. This removes the need to contact administrators to get back to a previous file version, saving time and allowing more control over files for the user.
- Online backing up—This is one of the biggest advancements for Essentials. Now, you can get all the benefits of cloud backup on your server through Microsoft Online Backup Service. You’ll have more secure files that are free from risk of failing and are easy to access.
- Improved touch-based remote access—Remote access has always been an important aspect of Essentials server use, but that access has now been much improved by the improvement in access for touch-based devices like phones and tablets.
- Administration connection monitoring—Administrators can now monitor who is connecting with which devices with Remote Connection Monitoring.
- Join the server from outside the network—For the first time, Essentials allows those outside the company network to access the server, allowing outside users to get access.
Core infrastructure upgrades:
- Easier migration to Standard—Previous editions of Essentials struggled to migrate to Standard when it went over the limits of users and devices set on Essentials. That’s been made easier in this edition.
- More media abilities—Essentials gets some of the media improvements in other Microsoft Servers so that it’s easier to stream video and music and share images.
- More add-in abilities—The server can more easily accommodate all the add-ins available for previous Small Business Servers, allowing for more abilities on the server.
- Dashboard improvements—The dashboard is now easier to use to start with and shows more information, like how far along you are in completing tasks. Administrators can also more easily glance at their dashboard and see overall server health. Security and updates are also easier to see at a glance for administrators.
- Email choices with your server—In previous server editions, Microsoft made the choice for how your business wanted to interact through Exchange email and collaboration. Now, you can make that choice. Exchange Server can be run as a second server on-premises. It can also be integrated through Office 365 as a cloud solution. Exchange can also be hosted.
Here are the minimum requirements for Windows Server 2012:
- Processor: 1.4 GHz 64-bit or faster single-core CPU minimum
- Memory: 512 MB RAM to boot, 2 GB RAM for installation
- Storage: 60 GB available space minimum
- Other Requirements: A DVD drive is required if installing from DVD media. Network adapter required for network connectivity.
Please note that these requirements may vary depending on your specific Windows Server 2012 version, edition, and installation.
Frequently asked questions
How can I be certain that my copy of Microsoft Office is genuine?
How long does a genuine software license from SoftwareKeep last?
Can I buy a single-use license software and install on multiple computers?
What is a digital download and how does it work?
What are retail software products?
Can I update my software over the Internet? (not needed as there's no update after 2021)