Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Service 5 Device CAL
INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
- For 1 Device
- Digital download
- Lifetime support at no extra cost
- Digital download
- One time purchase
- 24/7365 customer support
Provide more access to you Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Service with Device CALs that can provide flexible use to your entire office.
What Is Microsoft Windows Server?
Windows Server is Microsoft’s server operating system. It provides advanced server features while also providing a Windows-quality user and administrator experience. Features provide more flexibility and abilities on every aspect of the server, from server management, to data storage, to data security, to application operating, to communication.
What Is R2?
R2 refers to “release 2,” or the second edition of Microsoft Windows Server 2012. It includes a large number of upgrades and fixes but continues to operate on the same operating system as the original 2012 edition. This is the reason it is not considered a wholly separate release.
What Is Remote Desktop Service?
The Remote Desktop Service makes it possible for users to access their Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 from anywhere in the world. With a number of programs associated with Remote Desktop Services, users are able to achieve the kind of user experience expected when directly connecting to the server while having the flexibility to work from anywhere.
What Are Device CALs?
In order to connect to the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, individuals will need CALs, or client access licenses. These CALs are available for either users or devices. This product includes Device CALs, which allow each licensed device to access the server an unlimited number of times from anywhere and with an unlimited number of users.
User CALs for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 are available elsewhere on this site.
This Product Does Not Include Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Service
The Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 itself is not included in this purchase. It only includes the above-mentioned Device CALs.
Device CALs Can Access All Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Service Features
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 provides internal and external users with a wide variety of tools to get more of their server use. Some of the most useful tools include:
- Remote access from anywhere for all users thanks to Remote Desktop Services
- Powerful new PowerShell cmdlets, now with more than 2300 commands
- A redesigned Task Manager that makes it easier for administrators to gauge resource uses and application use at a glance
- Hyper-V advances that provide for network virtualization, multi-tenancy, and cloud backup, among other upgrades
- A new Windows Server file system in Resilient File System, or ReFS, which improves data availability and provides more efficient scaling, among other great improvements
- Data Deduplication which allows for vastly improved compression by removing redundant data without affecting file integrity
- Easy switch between Server Core and Server with GUI without requiring reinstallation
There are no specific system requirements for a device to access the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 other than the need for a CAL. However, devices should be kept up-to-date and use a compatible operating system.
- Operating System Supported: Windows Server 2012 R2
- Minimum Hard Drive Space: 32 GB
- Minimum Memory: 512 GB
- Minimum Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz
Frequently asked questions
How can I be certain that my copy of Microsoft Office is genuine?
How long does a genuine software license from SoftwareKeep last?
Can I buy a single-use license software and install on multiple computers?
What is a digital download and how does it work?
What are retail software products?
Can I update my software over the Internet? (not needed as there's no update after 2021)