Sending a file with your email can be accomplished very easily by adding an attachment to your email. Here are the steps in order to do so.
How to Send and Receive Attachments through Outlook
- Navigate to Home and then select New Email.
- If you would like to send a file with an existing email, then you can do so by selecting Reply/Reply All or Forward.
- Navigate to Home and then select Attach File. You will see several options to choose from.
- Browse this PC - search your files and select one from your local computer
- Recent Items - browse the list of files that you have recently worked with and select a file from that list. These files can exist either in internal network locations, Group files, or they could be saved on a local computer.
- Outlook Item - Your email can be attached as a text message or an attachment.
- Calendar - You can insert a calendar into your email. This calendar can even include specific date ranges and other details.
- Business Card - This allows you to attach an electronic business card to your message.
- Browse Web Locations - You can select files from places that you have accessed earlier, such as SharePoint sites, Group Files, or OneDrive.
- Signature - You can add your signature to the end of your message. Here are the steps in order to do so:
- Navigate to New Email and select it.
- You will then see Signature/Signatures. Select the option you want.
- Select the option New, then enter a name for the signature. Then Select the Ok options.
- Navigate to under Edit signature, and you can then type your signature and format it to the specific way that you want it.
- Select the Ok option and exit the email.
You can then select New Email in order to see the new signature that you have just created.
d. In order to attach an item, select Attach Item, and then browse and select one of the following options:
- The size of an attached file and its name will be shown if you hover your cursor above it. Use this to locate your targeted file.
- In order to remove an attached file, select the down arrow, and then select Remove Attachment in the drop-down list shown.
Note: Keep in mind, by default, sending the attachment to recipients gives them permission to edit the attachment. However, you can avoid this by overriding that before sending the attachment. You are able to change permissions by locating Manage the items attached to your email. You can check our guide on how to set automatic replies in Outlook.
If you’re looking for a software company you can trust for its integrity and honest business practices, look no further than SoftwareKeep. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner and a BBB Accredited Business that cares about bringing our customers a reliable, satisfying experience on the software products they need. We will be with you before, during, and after all the sales.
That’s our 360 Degree SoftwareKeep Guarantee. So, what are you waiting for? Call us Today on +1 877 315 1713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. As well, you can reach us via Live Chat.