- Install on 1 device
- Instant digital download
- Lifetime license
A Pioneer in Text Processing
If you have ever needed to write a letter, print your homework or make a proposal to a client, chances are you used Word. This remarkable productivity app is part of Microsoft’s “big three” along with Excel and PowerPoint. Today, it’s common for people to talk about “Word documents” instead of “text documents” - a testament to the hundred-million strong user base of this household name in word editing software.
Microsoft Word 2016 for Windows is the latest version and comes packed with new features and improvements that will assist you in all your editing needs and offer you things you never knew you wanted until now. Stick with us as we give you an overview of what’s new in this text processing powerhouse, as well as why you should own it.
Not the right Office App product you were looking for? Check out our selection of additional Microsoft Office Apps software today.
- New Read Mode; allows you to display your documents in an easy to read columns on your screen. Editing tools have been removed to minimize distraction, but you still have access to tools such as Translate, Define, and Search on the Web.
- Use the Object zoom feature to zoom in your charts, table, and images in your document to fill the screen. Focus on and take the information and tap the object to zoom out and continue reading.
- Re-open a document and continue reading from where you left. Word 2016 remembers where you were even when you re-open and online document.
- Insert Online videos right inside Word without leaving the app's interface.
- Expand or collapse parts of your document by a click. Have summaries in headings and let readers open the sections and read into details if they want.
- Save and share files in the cloud and get access to them from anywhere, anytime.
- Use the comments reply button to track comments right next to the relevant text.
- Various templates are available to help you get started. You can as well view a list of your recently viewed documents.
- Computer and processor: 1 GHz or faster x86-bit or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard disk: 3 GB of available disk space
- Display: PC: 1024 x 768 screen resolution. Web apps require the same minimum resolution as the OS they are running on.
Minimum resolution assumes that zoom, DPI settings, and text scaling are 100%. If not set to 100%, minimum resolution should be scaled accordingly. For example, if you set the Windows display ‘Scale and layout’ setting on your Surface Book, which has a 3000x2000 physical display, to 200%, then Office would see a logical screen resolution of 1500x1000, meeting the minimum 1280x768 requirement.
- Graphics. Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card.
- Operating system: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, or Windows Server 2012.
Product functionality and feature availability may vary on older systems. For the best experience, use the most current build of any operating system specified above (Search Lifecycle Policy).
- Browser. The current version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. Get more details.
- .NET version. .NET 3.5 required. Some features may require .NET 4.0, 4.5, or 4.6 CLR to also be installed.
- Internet functionality requires an internet connection. Fees may apply.
- A touch-enabled device is required to use any multitouch functionality, but all features and functions are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. Note that touch features are optimized for use with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 8.
- Word 2016: Coauthoring requires SharePoint Foundation 2013 and a Microsoft account for OneDrive. It might also require more memory than what is listed here.
- OneNote 2016 and Access 2016: Internet functionality requires an internet connection. Fees may apply.
- Instant Search functionality requires Windows Search 4.0.
- Project Professional 2016: Some features require connectivity to Project Server 2016 Preview, Project Server 2013, or Project Online.
Frequently asked questions
How can I be certain that my copy of Microsoft Office is genuine?
How long does a genuine software license from SoftwareKeep last?
Can I buy a single-use license software and install on multiple computers?
What is a digital download and how does it work?
What are retail software products?
Can I update my software over the Internet? (not needed as there's no update after 2021)